Music thread

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
musicmaker
Vizier
Vizier

Re: Music thread

Post by musicmaker »

Seriously?! I do too! My favourite bands are Nightwish, Dark Moor, Kamelot and Epica. But I also love classical music and I'm still pursuing it in hope to be a professional singer in that genre. But if Nightwish ever need a new singer again, I might just give them a call. :D
~We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.~

~Every move you make creates your destiny...~
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

I listen mostly instrumental music, soundtracks etc. I tried listening to "real" music, but I realized I can't change my music taste or the lack of it.
Neogogeta
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Neogogeta »

I could say I listen to all kinds of music,but I pay more attention to :
Instrumental/Industrial/trailer music (ever heard of X-Ray dog,Immediate music? (want a sample ?))
Soundtracks

And genres I can't really define
For example : Apocalyptica,Metallica,Linkin Park,Nickelback,Saliva
Little bit of - The fray,korn,Switchfoot,Offspring,Queen,Radiohead.
sTank
Neogogeta
L O S T Forever
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

I don't really have any major taste in music. I listen to what's on the radio. I don't have any favourite bands, either. But some favourite songs...
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Dark77 »

I like metal and grunge, my favourite music group is Nirvana.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

programmer wrote:*BUMP*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Lb4SDg89A

I like it to sing in a choir.

(Recorded during the Holy Mass at midnight, Christmas.)
Hey, I also have a passion for singing. My music teacher insists I go into a choir, but I'm really more of a solo singer.
What's your tone reach, by the way? I think mine is Baritone.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Dark77 »

I've got a mutation now.
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Dark77 »

@programmer

Zakładam, że mówisz o oktawie małej i dużej, bo c trzykreślne albo g czterokreślne zaśpiewać z pewnością byś nie mógł :p

___

I go to music school and choir is a compulsory subject there. I sing in tenor.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Remind me: Why is there a Polish forum and a PM system again...?
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Dark77 »

I listen to grunge, metal, rock. My favourite music group is Nirvana. Favourite their songs are Smells Like Teen Spirit (which everyone knows), Rape Me, Lithium, Polly. I feel really sorry that Kurt Cobain is dead... :(

EDIT:

Oh, I just realized that I've wrote it O:
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

(Hardcore)
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

As I am studying music composition, I try to hear and expand/accept pretty much everything but of course, I have my preferences.
On the classical/academical side: Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Chopin, Bruckner, Revueltas. Of these, Bach, Schubert, Bruckner and Revueltas have influences on my writing, specially Schubert and Bruckner.
On the popular side: Beatles (as a group and individuals, including producer George Martin), Beach Boys, Queen, Carpenters, Karen Carpenter's solo material, ABBA, Jeanette, Ashley Eriksson, Nirvana, John Williams and some selected tunes of some like The Iveys (later known as Badfinger), Procol Harum, LAKE, and so on.
There are some videogame composers/soundtracks I like, such as PoP SNES, Death & Return of Superman SNES, Zelda (specially A Link To The Past and Ocarina of Time), Mario (specially 3, World and 64), Cuphead, Ninja Gaiden (NES Trilogy), Mega Man (specially X1-X3 series), Sunset Riders (SNES), Killer Instinct (SNES & Arcade), and maaany more.

EDIT: Huh. 200th post. Yay?
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

I would like to learn how to use the midi files and make music with them
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Emiliano Fierro wrote: November 10th, 2019, 10:07 pm I would like to learn how to use the midi files and make music with them
In the DOS port? This is what you need to do.
Move MIDISND1.DAT and MIDISND2.DAT to the “bin” folder in PR.
The export a file with pr —export MIDISND1.DAT and pr —export MIDISND2.DAT.
Now in the midisnd1 and midisnd2 folders, there will be midi files.
You can edit them with a midi editor such as MuseScore. https://musescore.org/es
Open a midi file in MuseScore. You will have to edit the notes themselves, so it’s a a little hard to develop a melody, at least for me since I have little experience with learning music theory.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

4DPlayer wrote: November 13th, 2019, 5:24 pm
Emiliano Fierro wrote: November 10th, 2019, 10:07 pm I would like to learn how to use the midi files and make music with them
In the DOS port? This is what you need to do.
Move MIDISND1.DAT and MIDISND2.DAT to the “bin” folder in PR.
The export a file with pr —export MIDISND1.DAT and pr —export MIDISND2.DAT.
Now in the midisnd1 and midisnd2 folders, there will be midi files.
You can edit them with a midi editor such as MuseScore. https://musescore.org/es
Open a midi file in MuseScore. You will have to edit the notes themselves, so it’s a a little hard to develop a melody, at least for me since I have little experience with learning music theory.
I must learn about music first :)